Javascript is disabled. <meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0; url=/noscript.html" /> Visa4UK - Welcome to Visa4UK

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website.     Find out more

Hide this message

BETA: This is the new UK visa application website. We are testing it. It is designed to make the application process simpler and clearer.

Welcome to Visa4UK

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS)

The way that applicants pay their IHS has changed. If you are applying to work or study in the UK for over 6 months or intend to settle in the UK, please visit to see how this change affects you. If you started your application prior to 4 July and have not made your IHS payment separately, you must re-start your online application before submitting it.

Applicants in China

You can apply using the new service if you are in China and are applying for a visit visa that is a standard visit visa, marriage or civil partnership visit visa, or a permitted paid engagements visit visa. You must continue to use the Visa4UK services if you want to apply for a visit visa for:

  • + an ADS visit with a licensed Chinese tour operator
  • + a visit for private medical treatment lasting more than 6 months
  • + a visit as an academic on sabbatical or their dependant lasting more than 6 months
  • + transit
  • + diplomats and officials
Apply for a visitor visa in China using the new service or continue to use this website for the current service.

The official UK website for online visa applications, for applicants not in the United Kingdom.